Dynamics NAV Inventory Management
- Create item cards and assign multiple stock-keeping units (SKUs), units of measure, serial numbers, lot numbers, physical attributes, expiry dates, and much more.
- Create multiple inventory locations and bins.
- Assign items and SKUs to locations/bins based on product storage requirements, sales rates, special handling requirements, and other criteria.
- Receive and put away items using the purchase order, inventory put-away, or warehouse receipt documents.
- Pick and ship items using the sales order, inventory pick, or warehouse shipment documents.
- Manage returns to inventory, damaged goods, or scrap.
- Make manual adjustments to inventory quantities, transfer inventory from one location to another.
- Fully manage items in transit.
- Count and record the number of items physically present in inventory, including full support for cycle counts.
- Integrate radio frequency identification (RFID), barcoding, or other automated data collection Systems (ADCS) into your operations.
- Fully comply with all customer requirements re: specific product and order identification, labeling, tracking, etc.
- Optimize inventory handling based on sales rates, location proximity, and other criteria.
- Quickly determine actual and projected item availability, overstock situations, replenishment requirements, etc.
- Reserve items in inventory or inbound.
- Generate automatic notifications to alert employees, suppliers, or partners to changes in critical inventory levels, order status, or replenishment needs.
- Monitor Inventory Management performance with KPIs, standard reports, and ad hoc reports.
- Perform more advanced analysis on Inventory Management data using NAV business intelligence tools, including PowerPivot.
Note, the exact functionality of any NAV module will depend upon the licensing. See Dynamics NAV Licensing & Pricing for details.
Need More Information?
Email Us No forms to fill out. No mailing lists. Just answers.